Family Law Awards 2014 Winners
The outstanding achievements of family lawyers in England and Wales were celebrated at Jordan Publishing’s Family Law Awards on 8th October.
Nearly 500 family lawyers flowed into the famous Brewery in London for dinner and the presentation ceremony.
The Awards, now in their fourth year and sponsored by Anglia DNA (principal sponsor) and 4 Paper Buildings (gold sponsor), are means for Family Law and its readers to acknowledge the hard work and commitment throughout the year amongst the nominees and the profession as a whole.
The shortlist and winners were chosen by a judging panel made up of the heads of the Family Law Bar Association, Resolution and the Association of Lawyers for Children, along with Family Law editors and publishing executives.
In keeping with tradition, three of this year's awards were voted for by the family law community (Support Service, Legal Executive or Paralegal, and Commentator awards). A shortlist of four nominees was selected by Jordan Publishing from the nominations received with votes being submitted via the Family Law Awards website.
The prestigious Cornwell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Family Law sponsored by Coram Chambers was won by Peggy Ray of Goodman Ray. Peggy has been a pioneer in many areas of practice, as well as advising successive Governments on policy and legislation. Despite the challenges facing legal aid lawyers, Peggy has been able to maintain a strong commitment to publicly funded work and she has consistently championed the rights of children and parents.
"Over the last four years, the Family Law Awards have become enormously popular. This is a wonderful opportunity for individuals and firms to be recognised by their peers. At the same time, the Awards also highlight excellent family law work, to a wider audience."
Will Ricketts, CEO, Jordan Publishing
Jordan Publishing would like to congratulate all the winners and shortlisted nominees and thank everyone who submitted a nomination and voted.
More photos from the night will be available shortly, please send us your photos firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Law Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year (Sponsored by Jordan Publishing) - Ariel Ricci, Coram Chambers
- Local Authority Family Team of the Year (Sponsored by 42 Bedford Row) - Brighton & Hove City Council
- Family Law Support Service of the Year (Sponsored by Family Law Panel) - a kidspace
- International Family Lawyer of the Year (Sponsored by 4 Paper Buildings) - Janet Broadley, Bindmans LLP
- Family Law Legal Executive or Paralegal of the Year (Sponsored by Anglia DNA) - Gloria Dyer,
Gill Akaster LLP
- Family Law Young Solicitor of the Year (Sponsored by Fourteen) - Nadia Salam, GT Stewart
- Family Law Associate Solicitor of the Year (Sponsored by 1 Garden Court) - Rachel Carter,
Wollen Michelmore LLP
- Family Law Partner of the Year (Sponsored by Goldsmith Chambers) - Rachel Horman, Watson Ramsbottom
- Family Law Firm of the Year (Sponsored by 1 King's Bench Walk) - Stephensons Solicitors LLP
- Family Law ADR Practitioner of the Year (Sponsored by Anglia DNA) - Caroline Bowden, Anthony Gold Solicitors
- Family Law Commentator of the Year (Sponsored by Family Law) - Andrew Pack, Brighton
& Hove City Council
- Family Law Junior Barrister of the Year (Sponsored by Novitas) - Zimran Samuel, 42 Bedford Row
- Family Law Young Barrister of the Year - Marlene Cayoun, 1 Garden Court Family Law Chambers
- Family Law QC of the Year - Deborah Eaton QC, 1 King’s Bench Walk
- Family Law Chambers of the Year (Sponsored by Carter Brown) - 1 King’s Bench Walk
- Cornwell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Family Law (Sponsored by Coram Chambers) - Peggy Ray,