About The Awards
The Family Law Awards were launched by Jordan Publishing to recognise the important work of family lawyers, and celebrate their many successes and outstanding achievements.
The Family Law Awards are means for Family Law and its readers to acknowledge the hard work and commitment throughout the year amongst the nominees and the profession as a whole.
The event includes a drinks reception followed by a sit down awards ceremony. The ceremony follows on from the popular Family Law Conference, the leading annual training event for family law practitioners.
The judging panel includes the heads of the leading family law practitioners' associations, journal editors and important legal figures. So that the whole community has an opportunity to acknowledge the achievements of their peers, three of the awards are voted for by the public (see the Award Criteria). The 2015 Awards are:
- Family Law Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year
- Local Authority Family Team of the Year - sponsored by 1 Crown Office Row
- Clerking Team of the Year
- International Family Lawyer of the Year
- Family Law Chartered Legal Executive or Paralegal of the Year - sponsored by Harcourt Chambers
- Family Law Young Solicitor of the Year
- Family Law Associate Solicitor of the Year - sponsored by 1 Garden Court
- Family Law Partner of the Year - sponsored by Goldsmith Chambers
- Family Law Firm of the Year - sponsored by 4 Paper Buildings
- Family Law Dispute Resolution Practitioner of the Year
- Family Law Commentator of the Year
- Family Law Young Barrister of the Year
- Family Law Junior Barrister of the Year
- Family Law QC of the Year
- Family Law Chambers of the Year
- Cornwell Award for Outstanding Contribution to Family Law - sponsored by Coram Chambers
See the Order of Proceedings here >>
Dress Code: Lounge suits and cocktail dresses