How to enter
- Read carefully the description of the category you wish to enter
- Read the tips for success below of what the judges are looking for
- Explain in no more than 1,000 words why you deserve the Award: what you set out to do and what has been achieved. Do not exceed 1,000 words with your submission (appendices are excluded from this count). Entries that do not comply will be marked down or rejected
- Provide supporting evidence – this is crucial
- The completed entry must be submitted by midnight on Friday 10 June 2022
- Any questions, please contact: Annabel McQuillan | email | +44 (0) 20 8652 2180
- Good luck!
Tips for Success
Be clear: While you aren’t judged on the design of your entry, something that is well-presented and well-laid out will be easier for the judges to extract the relevant information from. Clear and simple should be your watchwords.
Provide evidence: If the entry criteria asks for evidence of success – be it financial or operational – then you need to show it clearly. The judges need to see the hard facts that back up your claims.
Be concise: For some awards the judges will have to read through a large number of entries in a limited period of time. Therefore, while encyclopedia-thick entries are very worthy, it’s unlikely they will get the attention they deserve.
Be current: While we value the remarkable history of the UK legal profession, the awards celebrate this year’s successes, therefore, your entry should focus solely on achievements from June 2021 - June 2022.
Above and beyond: Remember the Awards reward excellence, that does not mean simply ticking the boxes, it means going above and beyond the call of duty. You need to demonstrate, with evidence, that you have done this.
Size isn’t important: Judges take into account the relative size of each company involved and make their decision on the basis of the evidence in front of them. Small companies have succeeded in the past.
Appendices: If you are going to include appendices, then some guidance and context as to what they contain and why they are relevant is important. We would recommend that you attach no more than three or four testimonials and/or supplementary examples of exceptional achievement.
Never assume: While the judges all have relevant experience, they won’t necessarily know the intricacies of your operation or sector. If it’s relevant to your entry, then describe the particular challenges you face.
Rules and Guidelines for Entry
In order for your entry to be considered, please adhere to the following rules and general guidelines for entry
Rules for Entries
- Please read the guidelines on entry length and criteria for each award carefully – entries that do not comply will be marked down or rejected.
- Read carefully the description of the category you wish to enter – please check the category criteria to ensure you are eligible to enter.
- Read the top tips above of what the judges are looking for.
- Explain in no more than 1,000 words why you deserve the Award: what you set out to do and what has been achieved. Do not exceed 1,000 words with your submission (appendices are excluded from this count).
- Provide supporting evidence that is clearly referenced in the entry.
- Entries must be submitted via the awards website by midnight on Friday 10 June 2022.
- If you have not received confirmation of receipt of your entry within 2 working days please contact Annabel McQuillan on tel. +44 (0)20 8652 2180.
- You will be informed if your entry has been shortlisted in early September 2022. Please note that we are unable to give feedback on nominations.
- If you wish to be present on the night of the Family Law Awards 2022 you must book places to attend.
Terms & Conditions: Entries
- Only UK companies are eligible to enter the Awards.
- The copyright of all materials assembled by the organisers of the competition will remain the property of the organiser and may be used for the purpose of publicising the Awards.
- All entrants must agree to publicity in respect to their entry both before and after the Awards presentation. Any confidential data in the entry must be clearly highlighted as such and will not be published.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence on their decision will be entered into. By registering and completing an entry for the Family Law Awards 2022 you agree to these Terms & Conditions.
- Award winners may state in advertising/promotional activity and on their stationery that they are a winner but this must include the year in which the award was won.
Click here to download the terms & conditions.
Queries regarding entering should be addressed to Annabel McQuillan on tel. +44 (0)20 8652 2180.